Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The slaughter of more than 20,000 dolphins - PLEASE HELP TO STOP THIS!




I don’t understand how human’s can do such things. How can they torture and kill these amazing creatures day in and day out? How can humans be so cruel? It makes me ashamed being a human.

I am still shocked about all the brutality. I knew about the whales (thanks to all the people who made a difference and had the courage to do something about it) but I had no idea that Dolphins share their horrible fait as well. Not that it matters since no animal should suffer threw human hands.

The world is such an amazing place and we should treasure everything it has to offer but instead we use, abuse and destroy anything and everything for money and power.
We all love the comfort of our civilized life and I find myself on my couch sheltered, warm and crying with the feeling of helplessness while watching this.

It makes me angry and I feel so little because “Who am I to make a difference” I can’t just run off to save and fix the things that are wrong in the world. I am just one person. One of the people who follows the rules, dream the dream of a life filled with happiness, love and the wish to die without pain.

I am so deeply thankful to all the people out there that are trying to make a difference and I want to help them in my own small way. I know it is the save way but I am trying since I think the more people that know the better.

This is why I had put this email together to make people aware of what I was just made aware of. If this email reached just a few others that are outraged and feel the need to share than maybe, just maybe it will reach the right people eventually and will make a difference.

I am not sure if this is just wishful thinking again but at least I wanted to try.

Simin
______________________________________________________________________

The Secret Is Out. Spread the Word.

The Cove exposes the slaughter of more than 20,000 dolphins and porpoises off the coast of Japan every year, and how their meat, containing toxic levels of mercury, is being sold as food in Japan and other parts of Asia, often labeled as whale meat. The majority of the world is not aware this is happening. The focus of the Social Action Campaign for The Cove is to create worldwide awareness of this annual practice as well as the dangers of eating seafood contaminated with mercury and to pressure those in power to put an end to the slaughter.

And it’s been working. The film has been making waves since it premiered last year. Critical praise and audience awards worldwide have focused international attention on Taiji and the annual dolphin drives off the coast of Japan. Under intense pressure, Taiji called for a temporary ban on killing bottlenose dolphins. The film, which was originally rejected, was shown at the Tokyo Film Festival due to public outcry. Residents in Taiji are being tested for mercury poisoning, and for the first time Japanese media are covering the issue.


Close to a million people have signed on to the campaign, but this is just the beginning. The fisherman are clearly rattled, but haven’t stopped killing dolphins.


TakePart now to help shut down the cove for good.

To read more and find out how to help please visit:

http://www.takepart.com/thecove

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea this was going on! Going now to check out the take part website. Thank you so much for the heads up!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete